Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2023, 04:53 AM   #3
Ljutic

I don't think I previously saw this, but did see the inserts recently and picked up a couple. I totally agree with your findings 100%. I wish the button was a little larger, but it's workable. No flame adjustment was a surprise, but again it's workable. Push to activate gas is a much better solution than Vector's mechanical switched solution.

Did some refilling and insert swapping yesterday. My oldest Thunderbird insert, on the left, has failed at the switch and no longer releases gas. It's going back to KMG and hopefully they will replace with the new style insert. New style is in the center next to the Zippo insert on the right.

Thunderbirds are nice because no button to hold and flame can be adjusted.

KMG Vector now has two different Thunderbird pipe inserts. One flint no button and the other piezo ignition with button. I may pick up one of each down the road to try out.

Don't remember seeing the Z-pipe insert previously. Another one to add to my list.

Ultimately, if I don't need something small I'll probably stick with the BIC Ez Reach disposables. At the very least I'll leave one in the car.

Last edited by Ljutic; 02-24-2023 at 04:59 AM.
Ljutic is offline   Reply With Quote