Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 03-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #11
SmokeAndSpice
Club Member

Thanks for the input, especially the in-depth words of mhotek. After thinking about it just a bit more TommyBB's advice sounds just right, at least for now. I still covet a nice, largish humidor (the Vicksburg looks great!) but will hold off, at least for a few months.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:00 PM   #12
mannish
Herf God

I got an 'imperfect' Gettysburg from them and neither me nor my wife could find imperfections. Wives can point out imperfections real quick but she thought it a was real nice box. I thought it was a great deal....Now I waiting on 'imperfect/scratch & dent' on them hygrometer pens
Old 03-28-2002, 03:10 PM   #13
mhotek

Well, I could take one of the ones that are off by about 10%, tie it on a piece of wire to my back bumper and drive around Columbus for a day or so...
Old 03-28-2002, 05:06 PM   #14
Las Villas
Herf Meister

Great stuff and mhotek is a stand up guy!! I'm contemplating on buying the Vicks....will have to see!!

"LAS VILLAS"
"You can't do anything to me that Fidel Castro hasn't done to me already"- Tony (Scarface) Montana.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:16 PM   #15
SCgar
Starting Member

Oh boy...I bought my first desktop about a month ago, thinking, "it's about time I be able to keep a handful of cigars on hand instead of always having to find a local shop." Two weeks later I bought a coolidor, because of course, why pay for singles when you can get such a great deal on a couple boxes. But then I figured out that those new boxes of cigars will be much better with a few months of aging. So I did a newbie trade on the JR board to get some aged sticks. Well then I had dozens of premium cigars that I wasn't necessarily storing at the proper humidity - bought the pen hygrometer. Whad'ya know. Now that my coolidor is working so well, I might as well top it off with some more cigars. Just completed another trade a few hours ago. I've been working a lot of overtime at the office lately.

Now Mhotek has got me all jazzed up about a Vicksburg, which would be PERFECT for storing all the singles so that I can devote the coolidor to boxes only...

...My wife would kill me if she saw me typing this stuff...I'm doomed.

"I can't wait to age these cigars!"
SCgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 01:07 AM   #16
mhotek

Welcome to the club. I started with an El Rey which was soon 4 of them. (Before we started this business.) I added a couple of the Cherry and Rosewood. Designed the Gettsyburg, so of course I had to have one of those. Designed the Vicksburg and had one of those. Then we decided to do the El Rey, Gettysburg, and Vicksburg in a Rosewood finish, so I had to have one of those. After all, can't let samples go to waste. Then I added a large cabinet that holds about 2500+ so I could empty out all of the RubberMaid tubs and found out I filled the cabinet and still had full tubs. Then it was 150 qt. cooler, more RubberMaid tubs, a walk-in closet, several lockers, and it's all downhill from there.