Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 03-11-2002, 11:00 AM   #1
mannish
Herf God

Since we recorded a CD and put a few songs out on a demo, gave it to all the clubs we got a few gigs quick. I expect a busy summer gigging again. Got a regular 2nd Sunday (with electric band) starting in May,
got some 1 nighters in May. That's just the quick ones, the other venues haven't really had time to book us yet. We have been in contact with Bayfest they are interested
and we expect to be there. We may play in Auburn at 'Tigerstock' in May, we haven't decided if we want to yet. I'll decide today.
Old 03-11-2002, 01:54 PM   #2
spiridon
Herf God

WooHoooo! That will certainly be THE highlight of the 2002 Bayfest Herf! Everyone......make plans NOW!!!!!

...Congrats and continued success to you mannish!

"I'm reliable sources, I'll tell ya anything you want me to know"
Old 03-11-2002, 02:38 PM   #3
mannish
Herf God

Just got off the phone and we will play Friday night April 12th in Auburn at "Tiger Stock" I don't have the exact time.

Hopefully that is in Firefarmers neighborhood....? Our CD is getting much airplay at an Auburn radio station. That's a trip.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:21 PM   #4
Mayhem
Club Member

So, what does it take for us to get a copy of your CD?? Don't say cigars. None of mine are good enough.

Don't put gum in my ashtray and I won't put my cigar out in your mouth. Deal?
Old 03-15-2002, 12:46 PM   #5
mannish
Herf God

The problem with distributing the CD is I do not own the copyright to many of the tunes we covered, like Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Steve Earle..etc. So the idea was to just send out 'demos' but my fool harp player doesn't understand and send the whole dang CD to a couple radio stations. So not only do I not have any more right now but I can only give them away.

I would rather record another with more originals and actually get permission for ones we cover, then sell them at gigs

Now the good news: I was just contacted about doing the music for a 30 second TV commercial that'd be cool.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:09 PM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

All right!!!! That's great news.

"Somehow, strangely, the vice of men gets well represented and protected but their virtue has none to plead its cause--nor any charter of immunities and rights." Henry David Thoreau

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 04:38 PM   #7
ÞFirefarmer£
Club Member

Doh,I am behind the times as usual dammit!!

Mannish Congrats Brother and please forgive me for not having already noticed this thread!I hope to make it to the Tigerfest to see ya perform tho and maybe we can smoke one too!!!
What is your groups name and also do you know which radio station is playing your cd so I can tune in to listen???
Old 03-19-2002, 08:14 AM   #8
mannish
Herf God

I don't remember the station name. The DJ is Wildman Steve who used to own a record store in Auburn, called 'Wildman Steve". the name would be Leo and Stevo. Wildman plays a killer washboard (played several gigs with Vassar Clements) he will be sitting in with us at Tigerstock. A great guy
Old 03-19-2002, 08:17 AM   #9
MetsFan
Herf God

Congrats mannish!

If you ever get to the point where you're selling CDs, LMK. I'd love got buy one.

Official CigarWeekly Coffee Whackjob.
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 08:46 AM   #10
Sancho Panza
Floridays
Herf God

William Faulkner, Intruder in the Dust 1948
Sancho Panza is offline   Reply With Quote