Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Brief review of Macanudo Inspirado White robusto.

If you've had the regular Macanudo it's going to be familiar. Much of the grassiness and relative harshness of the classic mac are missing.

It's composed of Ecuador Connecticut wrapper and indonesian binder, and a Nicaraguan and Mexican filler, where the classic mac is made with a US connecticut, mexican and dominican blend.

The reviews say that it's a complex blend of flavors, but I am mostly getting a woodiness to it and some earthy flavors. They describe it as mild to medium and I have to agree. It's well built and flavorful but out of two, the second has burned poorly at the wrapper and required serious torching to keep it burned off, and it has run hollow from the start. They have been a nice morning smoke, overall. I can't really be sure right now, but it seems to run about like the Upmann Cameroon in flavor. I've had it going for over 1.5 hours, and I'm reaching the nub.

The mac Hyde Park is a longer robusto at 5.5 inches, but isn't IMO a better cigar. They are an eye-watering experience at times.

The inspirado sells for about $5.25 and with a free five pack now it is only $4.25. The classic Macanudo Hyde Park sells for about $6.50. without promotions. It's an economical substitute, IMO, for the classic blend that suits me better.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote