Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
Bobbystbob
Club Member

Davidoff 100th Ani Robusto

Smoked this today at the local B&M. A beautiful cigar, perfect, smooth wrapper and a head that looked like half a marble. Punched it.
Perfect burn and draw, the wrapper wasn't the only thing that was smooth. SMOOTH flavor and lots of it. Nubbed it, it was that good.
An excellent cigar in every respect and at $15 a pop, not a bad value either.
Highly reccomended
Bobbystbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Bobbystbob
Club Member

Guess you guys mostly can't get Davidoff. Too bad, these are really, VERY nice. I'm considering a box. They come 8 to a box so not too bad.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
Wang Lung
Club Member

I've got a box of these, but I haven't tried one yet. Those like you who've smoked them are unanimous in their approval. I'll have one in late Spring.
Wang Lung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:56 AM   #4
robert

which

I have three of the eight stick boxes, robusto, churchill, and pyramid. Although these are millenium series, which are the 100th anniversary Bobby ?
robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
Bobbystbob
Club Member

Re: which

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert
I have three of the eight stick boxes, robusto, churchill, and pyramid. Although these are millenium series, which are the 100th anniversary Bobby ?
I don't know if I understand your question, so I'll answer it both ways
These come in 2 sizes, the robusto and a big perfecto. The consensus is, that the robusto is the better of the two, by far.
or
This is a totally new blend, created to celebrate the aniversary of Zino's 100th birthday. The one I smoked was incredibly smooooth and might I say, Cubanesque (guess I can say it, probably can't spell it )
Old 12-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
Bobbystbob
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Lung
I've got a box of these, but I haven't tried one yet. Those like you who've smoked them are unanimous in their approval. I'll have one in late Spring.
Unless it's a weather issue, why wait till Spring? IMHO, These are ready to smoke now.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #7
mherklots

These are definintely ready to smoke now! The Robusto and the Diademas Finas are the same blend. The Finas smokes a touch more exciting because of its perfecto shape, lending itself to change more throughout the smoke. However, the robusto is a trophy in its own right and a lot of people's feedback indicate that they prefer smoking the robusto now, and will but the diademas finas away for a while. They are fantastic, though. Great body, long finish... wonderful aroma, and excellent balance!
mherklots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #8
Rconectn
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbystbob
Quote:
Unless it's a weather issue, why wait till Spring? IMHO, These are ready to smoke now.
Maybe b/c he dosn't have a box....
Old 12-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
Wang Lung
Club Member

Quote:
Quote:
Because I can.
Wang Lung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #10
vudu9

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Because I can.
vudu9 is offline   Reply With Quote