Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 03-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #1
coma-one
Club Member

Davidoff Millie Robusto

It was friday night and as I headed up to my room looking for a smoke I asked myself, what do I feel like smoking???

Then it happened, I remember that a little while ago, I did a trade (sorta) and got a pack of these bad boys. It took me a while to find them, since I had hisd the in my coolidor. There it was a robusto Davidoff Millie!!

I went to the garage and poured a sniffer of Matusalem!! (damn you Rob!!) anded 2 ice cubes and sat down. What a nice smoke, the wrapper was beautiful, almost rosado, like the Opus. Upon inspection it had just enough ploom on it, WOW, I was about to be treated!!

It's draw was flawless and it taseted good even before lighting it. I put the flame onto the foot and began to roast it. It smelled sweet and leathery, very nice. I began to smoke this badboy!
It smoked very good, only corrected it's burn once, but the cigar was great, some undertones of earthy, not quite spicy. It had leathery flavors and also sweat aroma, the rum paired quite nice with this cigar, I also accompanied it with a dark piece of african chocolate. I belive this is why I could pick up those sweet aroma flavors.I nubbed this one down!! very enjoyable time. I have to thank hensler for this one, my brotha this was a great smoke!!

CHECK OUT MY GALLERY
coma-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:26 PM   #2
lucasbuck
Herf Meister

Nice review
Old 03-15-2004, 04:30 PM   #3
Spiderfan

Nice review of a nice smoke.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:55 AM   #4
JohnP

Thanks for the review. I like this cigar but wish it was a little less expensive.

JohnP
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:21 PM   #5
burny

Good review on a very nice cigar. I've smoked a ton of them. Just came across a cigar called ST Dupont that JRCigar is pimping that has a very similiar flavor profile as the Davi Mill. About half the price too.
burny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:16 PM   #6
BigBoneDee

If this vitola's effect on the palate was as good as the aroma eminating from it then it would be one of the best but it smells better then it tastes.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:18 PM   #7
matt fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by burny
Good review on a very nice cigar. I've smoked a ton of them. Just came across a cigar called ST Dupont that JRCigar is pimping that has a very similiar flavor profile as the Davi Mill. About half the price too.
Really? 'Cause I've gone through a few of JR's Duponts and only found them to be so-so.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:30 AM   #8
geoffrie

Good review and right on target. I would (humbly) suggest that This cigar has some of the well defined flavor(s) and complexities usually found only in cubans. Well blended.

And rarely do I encounter a burn problem with a davidoff.

I would be eager to hear more opinions about similar sticks with half the cost. These are fine cigars but not chaep.
geoffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:12 PM   #9
gvlagos

great review
I've been trying to get my hands on a davidoff but havent' been able to find one....oh well...the time will come...hopefully
gvlagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #10
rutkus
Club Member

i've had one of these sitting in my humidor since november, this review makes me want to sacrifice it fairly soon....
(,('')('')
rutkus is offline   Reply With Quote