Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 07-16-2002, 10:48 AM   #11
Swl

Both Arlin Liss and Bob Staebel would give you the best bang for your money on the premium humidors.

Customer service, just like their products are one of a kind and personalize. When I call, they answer the phone and talks to me and not some employee that works for them.

Both pre and post sale service are wonderful and is something that no mass production firm can match.
Swl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 11:56 AM   #12
roncarlos

Bob Staebell does make an awesome desktop. In my opinion, much better than any of the "Brand Name" manufacturers.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:15 PM   #13
Vince

Well, the choice is obvious. I'll definitely go the custom route. I plan to get an Aristocrat from Bob Staebel when I return to the States, so I'll order a desktop from Arlin so that I have a piece from both artists. Thanks again for your help.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 01:22 PM   #14
roncarlos

A Lissador sitting on top of an Aristocrat. You cant beat that.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:00 PM   #15
Ljutic

Arlin consulted with Bob when they helped me decide the best wood to use when building my Lissador that will sit on top of my Aristocrat.

I still use and love my first real humidor from www.digitalhumidor.com (they went out of business years ago) Make your first humidor a great humidor and you will have a treasure for a lifetime. Arlin's craftsmanship can be had affordably if you don't splurge for the higher end exotic woods.

Elie Bleu has been bought out and become commercialized. I would only consider one if it was manufactured 5+ years ago.
Ljutic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 04:32 PM   #16
Cigarnv

I own a Liss, a Staebel, and an EB. Arlin and Bob both do outstanding work..they build heirlooms..not humidors.
Old 07-22-2002, 08:12 PM   #17
BigBlue
Starting Member

Get some Vicks and spend the savings on cigars. You can send me a box for pointing you in the right direction.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote