Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #24
iminaquagmire

Thanks for the comment.

I ordered some solid spanish cedar on ebay to start. I then cut it down to 5/16 and wide enough to put put three side by side on the side and back. The back I had to notch for the thermostat and make a cutout for the cooler. The shelves are also solid SC that I cut and brad nailed together. I had to taper the shelves so that the fit in the molded interior of the cooler. I also created some spaces for some machined aluminum PC fans. They are just friction fit. The lining and the shelves are all brad nailed together to make one unit. There is no glue in the cooler.

I also installed three UV cold cathode lights in there as well. I put two under the shelf and one under the top. The inverters had to be placed inside so I hid all the wires in some wiremold. All the wires go out the back of lining and then out the TEC unit fan grate. They then go out the back of the unit through a notch beside the TEC unit, then under the cover. The thermostat control bulb goes in side the same way. I attached that using some insulated conduit clips screwed into the lining. All the wires exit into a control box that houses the timer and transformer for the fans, a power supply for the lights and all the excess wire also. There's a switch on the outside for the lights. In case I have to take the Cigar Oasis I have in there out, the wire just runs throught the door.

Its seasoning right now, but I don't like the control box I made so I'm redoing that now. It blocks the drainage hole and its inconvenient to get at the switch. So I'm building a base for the fridge and am going to install all the wiring in there. To adress the problem of the inconvenient light switch, I'm putting a lighted switch on side. I might put a little motion sensor in there for the light as well but I haven't decided on that yet.
iminaquagmire is offline   Reply With Quote