Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
holyscripture

The late John Cipollina - Quicksilver Messinger Service

The Peter Greene thread got me thinking about the old Bay area bands for some reason... and then my post about partying with Carmine Appice.

I saw QMS in 1982 at a bar in Reno and they had Nick Gravenites (Electric Flag) in tow who played with them at this gig.

My apartment was across the street and those guys came over and partied like there was no tomorrow, then we just got up and went to the bar where they proceeded to play their respective asses off. I guess there was maybe 50 people there. Just blew the joint away.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:36 AM   #2
HuskerHerfer

I take it those hits were NOT fresh air...
HuskerHerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 10:23 PM   #3
Choppy
Starting Member

Spent a few hours listening to Quicksilver in my day. Didn't know they were still together in '82.
Choppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:30 AM   #4
Cecik

yeah, I remember QMS & Moby Grape..
"She's a quicksilver girl"
Cecik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 11:54 AM   #5
holyscripture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppy
Spent a few hours listening to Quicksilver in my day. Didn't know they were still together in '82.
Nor did I... in fact, I'm pretty sure that they were billed as QMS featuring John Cipollina with special guest, Nick Gravenites.

LOL... nothing is too clear about that evening. During one of their many breaks, they couldn't even make it across the street, just went to their van and partied...
Old 02-18-2003, 01:38 PM   #6
Renaissance Man
Owner Emeritus
Herf God

Used to see them at the Funhouse in South Lake Tahoe all the time. "Who Do You Love" still rocks. 8)
My current rotation: Bolivars (RC, PC, BBF, CE and Corona JR), Punch Punch, El Original Claro Corona and Lancero, Davidoff Grand Cru #1, VR Famoso, Upmann #2, and R&J Churchill.
Renaissance Man is offline   Reply With Quote