Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2021, 01:07 PM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

1997 La Finca Pyramides

Pre-light:
A 7x49 Pyramides, Colorado Maduro, coarse, veiny, rough texture wrapper with a medium smoothness cap/head and a firm bunch. Definitely not a very attractive looking cigar.

Cold draw is slightly tight, but seems to have decent airflow, so no draw tool was used.

Setting is in my favorite, nicely padded, spot on the bench swing in the mostly glass enclosed smoke shack with my My Father ashtray and a view of the snowcapped Black Hills Mountains.

Beverage is plain water.

Weather is 50 degrees and sunny with 36% humidity.

Smoking:
Even burn with a conical coal, with a white colored, typical structure ash. Two small cracks in the brittle wrapper appeared early on and the wrapper peeled just the slightest bit.

Draw was perfect, aroma faint and plain, with no burn in the throat.

Flavor was of weak richness, one dimensional balance, mild strength and thin body, with a weak, musty, grassy, metallic taste.

No sweetness or saltiness, but light bitterness, medium sharpness and a medium burn on the tongue.

Summary Comments:
Overall character was lackluster, of thin body, and simply a dog rocket.

Either was never more than a dog rocket to start with, or long since had passed it’s prime.

Only reason I didn’t pitch it after the first third was because I was reviewing it, so I gutted through to the end.

Final score: 46 out of 100

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote