Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2003, 10:27 AM   #1
COCHISE

WILD life stories

i have a story of a brush with wildlife that you may find amusing.

it was early spring about 3 years ago and it was unseasonably warm. oh what a perfect opportunity to smoke my first outdoor cigar of the season. it was actually hot enough after dark to enjoy a cigar reclined in my favorite lawn chair wearing nothing but a pair of boxers. this is unheard of in march in the mid-west (thank you el nino). laying there basking in the pleasure of a fine cigar and the warm air on my skin i heard a familiar rattling of the chain link fence to my left. i know there's animals in my neighborhood but what could it be? was it coming or going? with only the light of the stars to help me i peered into the darkness and saw nothing. so i smoke. then out of the corner of my eye i see a full grown raccoon the size of a medium dog 3 feet from my left leg sniffing my cigar smoke. i had no way to defend or protect myself. i thought if this beast chose to attack i would be cut to shreads. what do i do? in a split second i decided i would respond like an animal that was threatened. i hissed at the raccoon like an angry cat and the raccoon finished his sniff and lumbered back into the darkness and i was amused by my late night visit.

(now for the fictional finish)

moments later my new raccoon friend returned with 2 possums and a skunk, each with a lighter and a cigar cutter! what i thought was going to be a quiet night in the back yard alone turned out to be one wild herf!

let's here your stories of wildlife encounters while smoking, or make up a new ending to my story.

have fun! :P :P :P
COCHISE is offline   Reply With Quote