Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
Boxdoctor
Herf Meister

NBA PLAYOFFS

You guys know I am an NBA nut and had season tix to all 6 Bulls championships in the 90s. I was forced to give up my seat 4 years ago due to the recession but I still consider myself an avid fan. I watch a LOT of games on NBA league pass and was going to games as early as 1973 when the Bulls had some HORRIBLE teams.
I watch a lot of NBA TV on the dish and enjoy the commentary of Gregg Anthony , Dennis Scott and Rick Kamla. I also get a kick out of Barkley , Kenny Smith and Kevin McHale on TNT.
These " pundits " have the Bulls emerging from the East and a few say it's a conference finals with Miami and some say with Boston.
They also like a few upsets in the West. A few like OKC and most have the Lakers trying to make it a 3peat and 6 for Phil Jackson. I think OKC and Denver is going to be VERY interesting as well as Portland- Dallas.
A few prognosticators like a Bulls-Lakers final and one likes OKC.
They all agree on Derrick Rose as MVP And Thibodeau as coach of the year with Westbrook getting " most improved ".
I know a lot of you think it's all a sham and believe the college game is more pure. Whatever one thinks Its hard not to root for my Bulls. I initially thought Rose was going to be another Iverson with entourage but the kid from the streets of Chicago has proven to be a MUCH different animal ! He wants and needs to win and has put the team on his back MANY times when Noah or Boozer was out and wants the ball down the stretch. His overall character is WAY different than what I had first guessed and the Bulls would probably be a much lower seed without him with ZERO chance if going deep into the playoffs.
Personally I want a Bulls - Heat East final with the Bulls SHUTTING UP the 3 musketeers and going to the finals.
Any way you slice it this years playoffs should be pretty exciting and I Am pumped to see how far my homies can go. I don't see them beating LA but stranger things have happened. By 3pm today the Bulls should be 1-0 and on their way. Like it or nit it's going to be interesting !!

Last edited by Boxdoctor; 04-16-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Boxdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote