Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Broken

Expert or clueless, I want your thoughts on a purchase.

For some time now I have decided I wanted an actual game used hockey jersey from one of my favorite players, Sergei Gonchar.

For the sake of argument lets say I know for certain, without a doubt the jerseys I am looking at are not fake, but rather the real thing, no doubt.

I have been looking at one that is $1000. I can afford it, but it's not like I have that kind of cash laying around to just chuck away on a shirt every day of the week.

The same person now has a Pre-Season game worn jersey worn by Gonchar for $500. There is definatly a way to tell it is from the pre-season and not the regular season as the jerseys are designed just a little bit different.

$500 is a decent savings to me.

Weather you are a seasoned collector of such items, or (and I prefer) just a casual fan, would it make much of a difference to you between the two jerseys? Would you consider the pre-season shirt not really a nice collectable?

I'm honestly leaning toward the pre-season shirt. It's only slightly different in design, he still wore it in a game (and yes, sweated in it) and I know he scored a goal in it.

Am I letting the $500 savings blind me? Should I just spend the additional money and get a regular season shirt?

Thoughts?

Proud member of the 2007 Robusto 8
Broken is offline   Reply With Quote