Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

What coffee are you guys roasting/drinking?

I havent been able to do much roasting in the last month or so, so I have been relying on my stock of Starbucks beans that I get on a weekly basis.

I have been drinking Starbucks Colombia, Starbucks limited release: Kopelani (made with 10% kona), and lastly I've been drinking a 100% Kona that I was given by my girl friend's parents.

The school year is in full swing now, so I've been brewing coffee on almost a daily basis. I love the stuff.

What are you guys drinking/roasting!?
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Coach
Herf Meister

Killer Beans/KDees Nic Knife Fight/Nicaraugan.......Caribean Cut Throat/Carribean[currently not available until early 2009], Doi Chaang Dark Roast/Doi Chaang Dark Roast............................

ok nuff said it's Killer Beans/KDees[same company folks,just the names are changin].

R
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
qajariaq
Contributing Editor
Club Member

I just got in a new shipment of Ethiopia wet-process Koratie and roasted one batch a couple days ago. First impression was that I should have shot for a lighter roast, the subtle flavors and typical brightness are there but even at City+ they seem to be overshadowed. City or even a bit lighter should bring out the best... The sweet maria's description is right on the money about the flavors you pick up in this coffee.

qajariaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

If CBC still has the Ethiopian Organic Idido - Misty Valley, you need to get some of that. It is superb.

From Uncle Beanz, two must-have, truly outstanding coffees are the Ethiopian Worka and the Puerto Rico Jayuya Peaberry. I've been reaching for those two an awful lot lately.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
casual
Club Member

Equal Exchange Organic Love Buzz

When the power went out and I couldnt roast beans or grind beans, I bought me a pound or so and ground it at the store. Brewing it in a Melitta drip with one of those gold cone filters.

No bad.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
mshade
Club Member

Kenya AA - Kiini -

I think this one is a winner, and a bit different from most Kenyans. Well rounded, smooth, and tasty. Not an overly bright coffee for a Kenyan.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:55 AM   #7
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Not roasting/brewing anything new. As I mentioned in another post, I hit a couple of dogs recently (no offense MD) and am recharging my palate with some standbys: PNG Organic Purosa and Sumatra Organic Triple pick Mandehling.

I'll get back to trying new beans shortly, just got to find a way to unload the ones I don't care for. Maybe roast 'em off for my Folgers drinking friends or something.

Spousal unit wants to take coffee in for a class she is teaching, but will she take the less desireable beans?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Jester are those sumatra beans from Sweet Maria's? I liked them if they are..the only sumatra I have ever tasted that I enjoyed.
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:40 AM   #9
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Aaron,

These happen to be from CBC. FWIW I've found in my experience (albeit limited) that this bean is pretty consistent crop to crop and lot to lot. If you liked them before I think you can expect to like them again no matter the purveyor.

J.