Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 12-05-2005, 06:14 AM   #1
DraKhen99

Smoked a Zino Platinum Chubby - Crown Series

Hey, just wondering if anyone else has tried this cigar?

I had one last night and WOW, was I impressed! It's got a good-sized ring gauge in the middle, and tapered perfectly to each end. I clipped a tiny portion off of the head, leaving about a 1/4" diameter cross section from which to draw on, and never had a draw problem

This cigar has to be one of the smoothest, if not THE smoothest that I've ever smoked, with lots of yummy flavor to go with it!

Just had to smoke one

-John

"He found the edge of the Cigar Cliff and just JUMPED off" - My friend, in reference to my quick escalation from non-smoker to cigar aficianado.
DraKhen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:37 AM   #2
Nekotaku

Don't know about this particular model, but I love Zinos. They have such a rich full flavour. The first cigar I smoked was a Mouton-Cadet, and they'll always have a special place in my heart.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:59 AM   #3
DUplayboy
Herf Meister

I've smoked a couple of Grand Masters. They were good but not great for their price tag. Their construction was top notch but I felt they were kinda one dimesional. Flavor was good but again not great!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:12 AM   #4
DraKhen99

Is the Grand Master from the Scepter series? This was the Chubby from the Crown series, which retail for $37 here in MD. I doubt I'd buy more of them unless I had gobs of money which *had* to be spent on cigars.

-John

"He found the edge of the Cigar Cliff and just JUMPED off" - My friend, in reference to my quick escalation from non-smoker to cigar aficianado.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:39 AM   #5
DUplayboy
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraKhen99
Is the Grand Master from the Scepter series? This was the Chubby from the Crown series, which retail for $37 here in MD. I doubt I'd buy more of them unless I had gobs of money which *had* to be spent on cigars.

-John
shit... you're right... i was confusing the two. GM is from the scepter series. I think got them for like $12 a stick.

$37 a stick.. that's just crazy
Old 12-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #6
DraKhen99

Yeah, it's nuts, but I didn't have to pay for it so I'm all good . It was worth it once though

-John

Old 12-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #7
jjmd
Club Member

I agree with DUPlayboy - solid construction but one-dimensional, IMHO. Smooth, mellow, a bit creamy, but not worth the $ by and large......

"A Pizza, a Pickle-tickle and a good Cuban smoke,
Makes a man happy, sleepy... and broke!"

No, come to think of it, I believe it was fitzonelove.

-Shrink
jjmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:32 AM   #8
WG dog

Zino Platinum Crown Series Chubby = excellent tasty smoke imho. Helps to buy a few of them only when a retailer has a deal on them like buy one get one "free". Bling Bling!
WG dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:02 PM   #9
Ringo
Club Member

This space for rent.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #10
DraKhen99

Only problem with that, Ringo, is that those are in the Scepter series, not the Crown series, which is what I was so fortunate to have. The Crown series is 300% the price of the Scepter series.

-John