Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 09-15-2003, 03:55 AM   #1
treyjo43
Starting Member

Sorry If This Has Been Asked In the Past

But how many of you actually play an instrument and how long have you been playing. I play guitar, Blues and Jazz mostly. only been playing for a little over a year now, but I'm getting good.
treyjo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 04:04 PM   #2
CHESS NUT
Club Member

I've been playing guitar for a little over 20 years. I play mostly blues & rock.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:55 PM   #3
Enzo

I play the bass guitar ... Wish I would put more into it than what I have up to this point. I play a ESP..B304 LTD WITH Marcus Miller strings powered with Dave Eden amplification.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 06:08 PM   #4
treyjo43
Starting Member

Hmm, thats a good idea too. Also tell what rigs you have if you play. I currently have a 1968 Gibson LP that i inherited from my GrandDad(I'm a lucky guy) with a Fender Hot Rod Deleuxe tube power amp. Also have a nice Boss Chorus.
treyjo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I am a church musician.
I "have" a Schoenberger Pipe Organ at the Church where I play. Schoenberger was a local New Orleanian who built all of three instruments, but this one is really nice. I believe that it was installed in the early 1970's, but the Church building is 50 years old this year.

The chapel at school has a 1923 M. P. Mõller that was originally in "The Old Mortuary Chapel" now called Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in New Orleans. Our chapel is the third home of this historic instrument.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:04 PM   #6
cbandito

I have been playing Guitar for approx 15 years. When I started I played in Church, and did school related material, classical and such, but didn't do more than 2-3 years of that before it was all rock-n-roll, and metal! I was never in a band and never great at it, but I still enjoy hammering out a this or that.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:02 AM   #7
SlamFire
Club Member

I have been playing drums for 8 years and I still suck
When she gave me back the power to believe
SlamFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 05:32 AM   #8
mannish
Herf God

I been playing guitar for about 30 years I play acoustic blues mainly slide in public and anything I feel like in private.

Acoustics: I have a 1992 Gibson Nick Lucas, 1934 Gibson L-00, 1938 Kalamazoo (like the l-00) a 1932 National steel Duolian, an NMI
acoustic, two old Stellas.

Electric: A thinline Tele with humbuckers, a custom tele with Humbuckers, a thinline tele with standard tele PUs, a Strat and play through a peavy classic 30 amp. I been through all the Fenders and mesa boogie but the little Peavy suits my needs.

The best sounding amp to me is a Fender Dlx Reverb but like the lighter weight of the Peavy.
mannish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 06:23 AM   #9
adauria

I play guitar for 15 years now, and I still suck too.

I've played in garage bands and the like, but now play mostly jazz (take lessons) and at church.

-Andrew
adauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 06:35 AM   #10
mannish
Herf God

None of yall/us SUCK.

If it's coming from YOUR heart and soul it is impossible for you to suck cause you are playing the truth, YOUR turth. You may not be satisfied with the way want it comes out but when it gets to the point where you are satisfied THEN you will begin to SUCK. That is when the drive and passion go out the window cause you are satisfied with no reason to progess. Know what I mean.
mannish is offline   Reply With Quote