Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:31 PM   #1
cigarsmoka
Starting Member

New Orleans Cigar Factory

Anyone else have some experience w/this mom and pop factory?? "The Cigar Factory" I had a coulple sticks a few years ago and thought they were pretty good...With the RTDA in New Orleans next year, I started thinking about that place again....
cigarsmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:50 PM   #2
cubano67
Herf Meister

I don't get down there enough, but I really like the Tres Hermanos. Plus it's cool to hang out and watch the rollers work.

I found out about the RTDA show recently and I'm working on weaseling my way in somehow. You are going to have a ball. And feel free to email me if you need anything.

www.cumberlandcigar.com
-----------------------------------
Support Your Local Tobacconist
cubano67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:02 PM   #3
SkaterBugg
Starting Member

I've tried the Tres Hermanos, good cigar, med to full, leaning toward med.
Very good flavor, milder than I'm used to, burn was a bit uneven and needed touch ups, of course, I was smoking outside and the heat and high humidity of New Orleans can do a number on cigars (as it also did on me last August ... or maybe it was the hand grenades and hurricances?).
SkaterBugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:03 PM   #4
cubano67
Herf Meister

Hand grenades and Hurricanes? Ewwwwwww. In August?

www.cumberlandcigar.com
-----------------------------------
Support Your Local Tobacconist
cubano67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #5
sevenmag
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

I like the Tres Hermanos and the Vieux Carre. Both are good smokes.

I hope the RTDA crowd will spend some money with them while their all in town. I'm planning on being there for a couple of days and working on weasling my way in as well.
sevenmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:44 PM   #6
caffeine man
Starting Member

I was gifted a dozen or so from my cousin's husband after his trip to New Orleans. I now know why he gave them to me - I do not like them.
caffeine man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:09 PM   #7
therealmingus

Yes, as a matter of fact, I had a Tres Hermanos yesterday. I picked up a dozen torpedoes when I was in New Orleans this summer. These are pretty good cigars. Nice thick, spicy flavor. Medium to Full bodied, but not very strong. It has a very dark, oily Mexican Maduro wrapper with plenty of minerals. The better flavor comes out when you smoke it cooler, so try to take it out over an hour, rather than 40 minutes. I don't think they're worth the $10 singles price, but if you buy a 10-pack the price comes down to $6.70, which is fair. I had the robusto and the toro when I was there, and I had burn problems with both - mostly with the cigars going out. The torpedoes, however, are rolled quite well, and I haven't had a problem yet. I also had the Vieux Carre, which is milder and did not impress me.
therealmingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 05:12 PM   #8
jgbutler
Herf Meister

I was gifted one of these from a fine local LA brother and I really enjoyed it. Good spicy flavor with loads of smoke. I would definately invest in some if I had the chance.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:13 PM   #9
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I never smoked any of their cigars, but I visited their factory in March. It's a great place to go and have a fresh rolled cigar and a drink. The next time I go I am going to make sure I have one.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #10
therealmingus

You can get them online at www.cigarfactoryneworleans.com. This is a cigar that I would reorder when my supply runs out.
therealmingus is offline   Reply With Quote