Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 06-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
Exille

CI age restrictions...

Hmm, seems as though i cant buy from CI if im under 21...(im 18) yet i can and have bought from JR's heh...and i was looking at a nice Colibri lighter from CI too
Exille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #2
al'Thor
Club Member

Yeah, I've gone back and forth about that 21 crap - there are plenty of 18 year olds who did some damage on another cbid so I was glad they got kicked off for being underage - but not sure about why CI won't take your money...probably some liability issue - but it's funny - I was married, graduated from college, had a full time job and had already bought 3 houses by the time I turned 21 - you'd think I would have been allowed to order a box of cigars too....
Old 06-11-2004, 02:12 AM   #3
Herfnerd
Club Member

FYI - pretty soon, it'll be mandatory for all e-tailers. JR's is actually taking voluntary info in preparation for what will soon be law.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:59 AM   #4
Deriffe
Herf Meister

When I was 18, I could legally drink like a fish and smoke like a smoke stack.

Sometimes I wonder how I survived being 18.

By the time I was 19, I was married a father and in the Army.

I think if a kid is old enough to fight and die, he's old enough to buy a beer or smoke a cigar.

http://www.myspace.com/deriffe01
Deriffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 05:22 AM   #5
MACS
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deriffe
When I was 18, I could legally drink like a fish and smoke like a smoke stack.

Sometimes I wonder how I survived being 18.

By the time I was 19, I was married a father and in the Army.

I think if a kid is old enough to fight and die, he's old enough to buy a beer or smoke a cigar.
Wow! Me too!! I joined the Navy at 17 and was married and a dad by 19. I sometimes wonder how I survived living in the Philippines for 3 1/2 years.

Old enough to serve, old enough to be served. That's how it should be, but dealing with some of today's youth in the Navy, I understand completely why it isn't.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:40 PM   #6
Big Smoke
Club Member

I'd just like to see an exemption for military personnel. If they're in the military, they're earning that to right drink. Other than that, just being fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.
Look at it this way, it would be a great recruiting tool.
"Drink... all that you can drink.... in the Arrrr-myy."
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronaldus Magnus
Big Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 03:31 PM   #7
DustinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke
Other than that, just being fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.
It's worked for me so far.
DustinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 03:43 PM   #8
Big Smoke
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke
Other than that, just being fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.
It's worked for me so far.
Actually, it's a line from ANIMAL HOUSE. It was Dean Wormer talking to Flounder.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronaldus Magnus
Big Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 09:09 AM   #9
m3swatson

hell, if you can't buy a beer or tobacco products until you're 21, you shouldn't be able to join the service until then either. If they are gonna say you're not an adult capable of making life altering decisions until you've reached the age of 21, that should include the awsome decision of signing up with the government.

works both ways doesn't it? at least it should...
Old 06-13-2004, 09:32 AM   #10
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3swatson
hell, if you can't buy a beer or tobacco products until you're 21, you shouldn't be able to join the service until then either. If they are gonna say you're not an adult capable of making life altering decisions until you've reached the age of 21, that should include the awsome decision of signing up with the government.

works both ways doesn't it? at least it should...

My sentiments exactly! Hell if you ain't old enough to drink or smoke you damn sure shouldn't be old enough to get shot at!