Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2002, 08:33 PM   #1
decasere
Club Member

This cigar was destined to be a love/hate kind of a review i knew this when i recieved them but was looking forward to the results.

There wer comments ranging from:
"it was coarse and unpleasent", and "this cigar was so awful that I would never think of having another one"
to:
"this is as good as it gets" or "This was an outstanding smoking experience"

SO here we go

PRE SMOKE

Solomr2

Appearance & Construction: 3 out of 5

Burn: 3 out of 5
Ash structure: quite flaky, fell off every half inch - can't be long filler!

Draw: 4 out of 5
Draw: nearly perfect.

Aroma 2 out of 5
Aroma: Fragrant - sickly sweet - reminds me of incense, like Indian head shops

Pre-smoke Comments:
This is a big cigar, about 8 inches by about 48. It has a shaggy foot, and a curly head. The wrapper is very leathery and a little dry, I'd guess it is connecticut shade-grown wrapper, with 1 big vein running the entire length of
the cigar. Judging by the sweet incense-like aroma I would bet this is one of those botanical or herbal scented ACID cigars.

Gargirl

Appearance and construction 4/5

Burn 5/5
burn-even coal-flat ash color-dark grey ash structure-very solid problems-none

Draw 5/5 easy

Aroma 5/5
aroma-fragant
burn in throat-medium

Pre-Smoke comment-This must be a Lars Tetens. The aroma identifies it.

Herfules

Appearance and color / Prelight:
This cigar was app 7 x 40 and had a natural brownwrapper. The wrapper was slightly mottled, rogh,
leathery and had several large veins along the length.There was a rather large tear in the wrapper about
halfway down the cigar which was obviously evident to the roller as it was glued in place quite well. Beyond
the appearance was a very distinct cheap-perfume smell that was very unpleasant. The appearance and smell led
me to give it a 1.5.

Henry

Appearence and Construction: Score ___5__ out of 5
Color: natural Texture: rough Cap/ Head: rough Bunch: hard

Burn: Score ___5__ out of 5
Burn: even coal: cone and flat ash color: grey ash structure; very solid problems: none

Draw: Score __5___ out of 5
draw perfect

Aroma: Score __5___ out of 5
aroma: fragrant Burn in throat: none

Pre-Smoke Comments:great looking rugged gar

Decasere
APPEARANCE 4
Color: Brown, very brown, Texture: Medium CAP: Medium Bunch: Hard
BURN
Even with no problems 5
DRAW 5
perfect
AROMA 3
Fragrant, Herbally, like incense
COMMENTS
smelled like sen-sen breath freheners, my father in law enjoyed the smell

SMOKE

Solomr2

Flavor: 2 out of 10
Richness: no comment Balance: one-dimensional - "incense" Strength: mild to medium
Body: mild to medium Flavor: generous, herbal, vegetal.... medicine like, artificial - YUK!!!

Taste/Aftertaste: 2 out of 10
Sweetness: pronounced Bitterness: none Burn on Tongue: none Sharpness: medium Saltiness: none

Smoke Comments:
This cigar had a sickly sweet chemical-like flavor, and an aroma that reminded me of Indian head shops. After about 45 mins. (about 2-3 inches) into the cigarI couldn't take any more, I thought I might actually barf. This was a bad,
artificial, mediciney tasting cigar. It had a very long and unpleasant finish.

Gargirl

Flavor:
richness-voluptuous balance-perfect strenght-powerful body-generous flavor-strong

Taste/Aftertaste
sweetness-light bitterness-none burn on tongue-medium sharpness-pronounced saltiness-none

Comments:
As I kept smoking the flavor on the cigar evolved. I would not have thought that a cigar could change so much from beggining to end. It kept getting better and better. I almost burned my fingers.

Herfules

Flavor: Powerful, metallic, harsh incense-like taste. Horrible. 1.

Taste / Aftertaste: No sweetness or saltiness. Just a very pronounced bitter, sharp cheap after-shave taste.
Is this tobacco? 1.

Henry

Flavor: Score __10___ out of 10
Richness: voluptuous Balance: perfect to unequal strength: powerful body: satiating flavor: strong

Taste/ Aftertaste: Score ___10__ out of 10
sweetness: none to light bitterness: none burn on tongue: none sharpness: pronounced saltiness: none

Smoke Comments: there aren't many gars that can stand up too this quality, it's about the best you can get

decasere

Flavor 8
Richness: ample Balance: unequal Strength: Medium Body: Medium Flavor: generous, herbal, woody, creamy nicaraugaun flavor

Taste/Aftertaste 6
Sweetness light Bitter: light Burn OT: none Sharp: none Salty: none

Summary

solomr2

Overall Quality: 2 out of 10
Character: undescribable! Body: mild Scale: DOG ROCKET!

Summary Comments:
This was probably the worst tasting cigar I have ever smoked. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but this cigar was so awful that I would never think of having another one. After smoking it, I couldn't get the awful taste out of my mouth. I drank a beer, brushed my teeth twice, gargled with peppermint mouth wash, ate some crackers and some of my kids candy, but I still couldn't
get the taste out of my mouth. Although I've never had an ACID cigar before, I am convinced this cannot be anything else. Good grief, I hope this cigar didn't contaminate the other cigars in the pkg... if I even smell that awfulincense again I may puke on the spot.

Gargirl

character-distinguished body-satiating scale-great
Comments: This was an outstanding smoking experience. This cigar was as good as it gets.

Herfules

It was coarse and unpleasant. 1. In anattempt to be a good sport, I smoked a whole 1/2 inch of this before I had enough. I figured since I wasn't about to smoke it, I'd dissect it. Well, I can say that yes it is long filler tobacco. The pungent
cologne-like smell permeated the entire thing, all the way to the filler.

Henry

Overall quality: __10__ out of 10
Character: pedigreed body: satiating scale: outstanding

Summary comments: this is as good as it gets

decasere

Character: distinguished Body: Medium Scale: Good

Overall Scores
Solomr2: 18
gargirl: ??
Herfules: 13
Henry: 50
decasere: 38 (i must state that this type of cigar is hard to rate vs. non aromatic cigars)

Henry this was yours, what did we smoke???

"My boy! Smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life, and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."
-- Sigmund Freud - to his young nephew, Harry, after he declined a cigar