Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

FIFA Follies.

This was taken from a guy on TigerDroppings.
I now despise Argentina....well, I'll try....I mean Messi, and all....
Grondona is a straight-up douche.

Quote:
FIFA's Sr. VP from Argentina everybody:

LINK
quote:
Grondona, president of the Argentinian FA and head of FIFA's finance committee, said: "We always have attacks from England which are mostly lies with the support of journalism which is more busy lying than telling the truth. This upsets and disturbs the FIFA family.

"To present such a project as David Bernstein presented is like shooting a penalty because it cannot be always from the same place that the insults and problems come from.

"I see it at every Congress. They have specific privileges with four countries having one vice-president. I don't know what our president has said, but we have seen the World Cup go around the world, to South America and Africa and it looks like this country does not like it.

"It looks like England is always complaining so please I say will you leave the FIFA family alone, and when you speak, speak with truth."

And this gem:
quote:

In an interview with a German press agency on Tuesday, Grondona called England "pirates" and added: "Yes, I voted for Qatar, because a vote for the US would be like a vote for England, and that is not possible.

"But with the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left."

So basically he's pissed they lost a war 30 years ago and that is his deciding factor to vote for the worst world cup bid in history. Wonder how much $ he got.

What an assclown, seriously FIFA needs to tell these ppl to GTFO. Sadly they won't while uncle Sep is in charge.
And of course, Uncle Sepp is officially re-elected, ran unopposed because Hammann from Qatar dropped out of the race in shame on Sunday for all the shenanigans involving World Cup 2022. When Jack Warner is a whistleblower, shit just ain't right.

I hate FIFA.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote