Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 AM   #1
veritus

Spanish Cedar Trays

I'm in the process of converting an Avanti EWC28 into a humidor, and need some cedar trays for it. I found some nice ones on bargain humidors, however I am looking for something deeper that 2 1/4" Does anyone have some suggestions, or is this the deepest I'm going to get in a pre-made tray. TIA![/code]
veritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:54 AM   #2
dylanh
Club Member

I've been asking about cedar trays, etc in another thread and the Bargain Humidor ones are the only ones I've seen referenced (or found on the net) unless you want to pay for custom ones or build your own.

"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way."

- Robert Frost

"He not busy being born is busy dying."

- Bob Dylan

"Hell is boiling over. Heaven is full. We're chained to the world....and we've all got to pull."

-Tom Waits
dylanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
iminaquagmire

Bargainhumidorsa and cheap humidors both have them. I have four and love them. For the size, they still probably hold 25-30.

As for deeper ones, there is a company that makes custom ones, but I can't remember the name or price. If you don't want those you can also always talk to Bob Staebell about some. I think his quote to me was 50 or so.

Cigarmony.com also sells empty boxes you could use.
iminaquagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
veritus

Thanks guys! I just bought 4 from Bargain Humidors.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
Headbanger

I have custom cut to exact fit shelves for this exact unit from a local woodworking shop. They fit perfectly accross and are I believe 5 1/4 deep and 1/4" or 1/8" thick Spanish cedar (there not with me right now, can get the specs tomorrow). Two make a shelf with about an inch between them to allow airflow. I have enough for 3 shelves. If your interested, PM me for a trade or reasonable sale price. Congratulations on the wine cooler purchase.
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:39 AM   #6
PLUSH
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritus
Thanks guys! I just bought 4 from Bargain Humidors.
I just got mine yesterday and I got the chiller the day before. Seems we are on the same track. I ordered four as well and right now that seems like a lot as I am only using one. Most of my gars are still in there box they came in. They will hold more than 30. I guess it depends on the size. Most o mine a PC. They have an adjustable divider and I can get I think at least 25-30 per side.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:36 AM   #7
iminaquagmire

PC's will easily fit. Try putting 30 52 ring cigars in there or a bunch of churchills. The one bad thing about these though is that not all churchills fit in the trays vertically. One of my trays holds all the ones that don't fit correctly horizontally.
iminaquagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #8
veritus

I'm more of a robusto man myself. I'm shooting to fit 25 per tray. I've got about 60 sticks right now and now boxes yet.