Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2004, 09:26 AM   #1
CheG
Starting Member

Climmax and Credo in relation to temperature

Hi,

Recently, it being damned cold here, my humidors have dropped in temperature frequently. Often to 63-65 degrees if I don't pay attention. I have 3 humidifcation methods, Climmax 65%, a Credo (actual Credo brand, uses a different chemical than PG), and a credo (the normal florist's foam type with PG).

Now, I had noticed previously that my Credo kept my humidor at 70% in relation to temperature, ie.: if Temp was 72F the Credo would regulate RH down to 65% and if the temp went down to 68F it would raise the RH to 75%. This is done according to the philosophy of RH being totally a function of temperature (I know this has been debated up and down). What I did notice recently though is that my 65% Climmax beads seems to do the same thing, if I come downstairs in the morning and the temp is 64-65F the humidity has gone up to about 68%. This does *not* seem to happen with the PG (although I've had less experience with it).

My question is: does anyone else experience this with their Climmax beads? With their PG credos? With an actual Credo and the Credo solution?

Che
CheG is offline   Reply With Quote