Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
cigarfan
Herf God

Cheap cigar recommendations?

By cheap, I mean less than Padrons...but maybe a bit better cigar than White Owls.

I got in a CI catalog today, and there is this big ad about manufacturer price increase on all CAO lines, July 1st. Geez...they aren't expensive enough.
I really like the CAO MX2 blend, and they aren't the most expensive. Toros are about $79/box of 20, Robustos...$74/box of $20...for the time being.

So I'm looking for something, maduro, but natural ok too. I also like connecticut type blends. medium strength. I prefer a smoother smoke with medium strength but plenty of flavor, as opposed to an overpowering...make your stomach weak it's so strong, type smoke.

I don't care about brands, so much as getting a nice smoke, for less money.

There are so many house brands, lower tier brands, bundles..I don't even know where to start.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions. If this makes me a cheap bastard, so be it.