Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2002, 09:46 PM   #1
BIG E1
Club Member

CgarWyzrd put up a post asking for testers to give a review on two different Robusto cigars. After thinking about it for a while I decided to give it a try. The cigars arrived on a Saturday afternoon on one of the coldest days so far this year. They were hard from the cold so I let them sit out a while to get to room temperature and then I put them in my cabinet to rest a couple of days. The instructions were to smoke the light colored one first and post the review by Thursday the 21st of Nov. So to the best of my ability and in my humble opinion here we go.

The Robusto was a light brown in color and looked to be a nicely constructed cigar. The three rings on the cap were very easy to see and it looked to be the right size ( sorry I didn’t measure it). From the first moment I put the cigar in my mouth I thought it was going to be a very strong cigar, the taste of the tobacco wrapper can deceive. I cut the cap and burned around the end a little and then lit the cigar. It started up a little harsh which surprised me and then after the fifth puff or so I got a mouth full of twang that we all talk about and I thought this is going to get better. As I kept smoking a little more the cigar came alive with flavor. There was sweetness and it carried an almost fruity and floral undertone. Creamy and smooth the burn was decent; I only had to touch it up once.

The ash was a blackish gray , more black than grey at this time and it held on for at least 2 inches before it fell and that’s because I bumped my arm on something. As I kept smoking the draw was perfect and the flavor stayed the same. I liked the sweetness it was putting out so much I was already wishing I had another one. A little more than half way down now and the ash was turning a lighter gray and the black was fading. The cigar surprised me because it was mild and not strong like I thought it was going to be in the beginning from the taste of the wrapper before lighting it. So I have to say it was a nice smoke, one that I could smoke often because I like mild to medium strength cigars. I don’t know what brand it was so maybe CgarWyzrd will let us know. I hope all of you enjoyed my first public review.

Thanks
Ernie
BIG E1 is offline   Reply With Quote