Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
Dino
Starting Member

Tuppador - Climmax - Ceder - Questions

I finally got my first Tuppador set up. I went with a 28qt, wide, low design. Under bed type. It has lots of floor space but not alot of height...approx. 24x16x10. I went with this style for a few reasons. I don't have any boxes of cigars yet, just singles, so, I didn't need the height. Plus, I wanted to be able to see and get to all my singles easily without rummaging to find what I'm looking for. It will not work for storing boxes...it's like a very big humidor. It'll store 2 rows of 25 cigars, So, 50 single layered across bottom. I should be able to get at least 6 layers, so... 300 cigars Someday

I didn't have alot of ceder, inside liner of an old cigar box. I stuck these pieces on the inside walls. I have an analog hygrometer that I salt tested to be off by 3 points...not too bad I intended on getting a few large 65% Climmax Tubo's for humidity control, but cannot find 65% Climmax in-stock anywhere. I'm sure I only need a small amount in a box this size, was hoping the Tubo's would work. But, only 70% out there, and I've discovered, that is too wet for my taste. So, until I can find some 65% Climmax, I velcroed in a small, standard humidifier, which I wet with distilled water. Unfortunately, this brought the humidity level right up to 70-72%. So, I took out the humidifier. In a couple days, humidity dropped to 60%, put humidifier back in for a day. Back up to 70%, up and down. Cant be good. Now I'm just leaving it out. I'm holding around 61-62%. Although dunno for how long.

Any input would be appreciated. If you know where I can locate some 65% Climmax, please pm me. Thanks. I'll take some pics soon.