Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Obanion

Carlos Toraño Noventa Torpedo

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Toraño cigars. I have to be honest here. This one didn't impress me. It was a fine cigar and I would choose it above many other figurados out there but it was not the best Toraño I've smoked.
As I looked at the stogie I saw beautiful construction, a gorgeous medium brown wrapper and a good tobacco aroma. The cap was flawless. I used a Xikar and the cut was very good. As I lit the foot with a tri-flame torch I was happy with the smell of the smoke. The wrapper started almost immediately to crack. A problem that continued throughout. The burn was good but tended to get lopsided toward the end at which point I had to use my lighter often to bring it back. I kept waiting for the flavor to kick in as with a Sig. or Virt. but it never came.
All in all it was an average cigar. I much prefer the Signature and Virtuoso lines.
Obanion is offline   Reply With Quote