Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
nunee
Club Member

CAO Italia - Fragile Wrapper?

I hate to say I have had my first negative experience with a CAO. After almost 2 years of smoking, I didn't think it could happen.

I pulled out my CAO Italia on the golf course yesterday. Not one I would normally smoke while golfing, but decided what the heck.

So I took my punch to the cap, made a hole, and the cap split, right down the middle. Just cracked. I thought maybe it was too dry, and would burn hot...but it did not. While smoking the wrapper split about 3/4 of the way up.

Here is the funny thing. The burn was RAZOR sharp, just right on, as you would generally expect. The burn did not go bad until it hit the split, then it raced up that side. That was the end of it.

It did not burn hot at all, so I don't think it was dry, and the flavors were spot on too. No bitterness, so it wasn't too humidified. Other than the wrapper spliting, it seemed fine.

Anyone have any wrapper problems with the CAO Italia? Any thoughts?