Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
Mr. Rainsford
Starting Member

Sept. '03 RyJ Ex.#4

Having found a double CD set of Buddy Holly at the local record store on my lunch break today I couldn't wait to get home and fire up a cigar while listening to my new tunes.

Rumaging through my humidor I was looking for something light and different. My eye came to rest upon a box of RyJ Exhibition #4s. I got one out and went to make some fruit flavored ice tea to pair with the stogie.

The vast difference in humidity between my humidor and the summer air caused the wrapper to crack which fortunatly did not effect the smoking experience past the asthetic detraction of an imperfect wrapper other than that flaw however the light colorado wrapper was flawless and the cigar clipped perfectly with my el cheapo guillotine cutter.

My first test draaw was perfect, and my lighter's flame was sucked easily into the tobacco bringing forth a fruit compote with a light honeyed sweetness. The fruit tea which I paired this with only magnified this effect as the easy going fruit flavors stripped away the day's worries for the entire length of the cigar.

I put down the cigar with about an inch and a half left to go to eliminate the possibility of a harsh ending top this sublime smoke.

This cigar gets it is a perfect summer cigar for times when anything with a more classical profile would just be too heavy