Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #1
Slimebody

Alec Bradley Medalist review

I was going to let this sample sit for a while to set up, but I decided to fire it up on this beautiful PA Saturday afternoon. This robusto sized sample sported a nice dark oily Costa Rican wrapper, and upon removing the cello I found a nice big chunk of what appears to be ligero in the foot staring back at me. Wooo-baby! The presentation is nice, as it sported a very classy looking band.

I took the Xicar to it, and found that the head was loaded with juicy black ligero too! Prelight draw revealed a nice spicy core, with a little tingle on the lips. Upon lighting, this cigar didn’t disappoint. Medium to full in strength, spicy and rich, the same tingle that hit the lips also hit the nose. After the first third, the flavor settled into a nice cross between dark semi-sweet chocolate and Guatemalan coffee, two of my favorite things. This is a wonderful cigar, with plenty of smoke and an easy draw. The silver-gray ash held up nicely, and the burn was perfect.

This was the perfect cigar for a lazy Saturday afternoon. Thanks to Sid and to Mr. Rubin from Alec Bradley for the chance to smoke and review this cigar. I highly recommend picking up a few to try!
Slimebody is offline   Reply With Quote