Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2002, 10:43 PM   #1
Linn
Club Member

Some of you already know this, but for those of you that don't be on the lookout for these two spectacular bourbons.

From Brown-Forman Distillers there is a very special innagural issue of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. This bottling celebrates the birthday of George Garvin Brown the founder of Brown-Forman. This is an entire days output of Old Forester from March 1989. This 95 proof 13 year old is excellent in everyway if you can find it - buy it!!! Old Forester bourbon is notable as the very first bourbon to be sold only in sealed glass bottles direct from the distillery. Prior to this (1870) bourbon was sold strictly by the barrel to variuos saloons and merchants that inturn sold it to their customers by the drink or jug.

Even more limited is this new addition to Buffalo Trace's much vaunted 'Antique Collection' - George T. Stagg. George T. Stagg was a business partner of Col. Edmund Haynes Taylor and together they built what is now known as Buffalo Trace Distillery in 1869. Stagg bought out his partner the following year, and renamed the distillery after himself. "Old Stagg" was a very high quality aged bourbon of it's day. Now it's back as a 15 year old that is bottled uncut and unfiltered at full barrel proof. There are less than 2,500 bottles of this available worldwide. I was privileged to be able to sample some of this fine bourbon at a special tasting event at the distillery this past September. I can tell that it is delicious in every way, and may be the very best bourbon that I have ever had. I for one am going to buy every bottle that I can lay my hands on.

Just a friendly 'heads up' from your good old Uncle Linnster!

OOPS! I neglected to say that the Old Froester Birthday Bourbon is selling in the $35 range, and 'The Stagg' is running around $45.

Edited by - Linn on 12/07/2002 05:59:23 AM