Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2002, 11:50 PM   #1
JGIORD
Club Member

Quote:
EMBASSY NICARAGUAN
FULL BODIED BEAUTY
Strength Scale: 3
Wrapper: Maduro
Binder: Indonesian
Filler: Nicaraguan, Honduran, Peru

Embassy Nicaraguan Espresso, cedar and the spiciness of the Indonesian binder carry this full bodied Maduro. (Wrapper color variations noted). A strong cigar; using a heavy blend of Nicaraguan and Honduran tobaccos with a touch of Peru for good measure. The first half was strong but the second half kicked like a mule. Not for the Macunado smoker.
This cigar comes banded but has the appearance of a bundled smoke. The wrapper is a semi-dark maduro color with some prominent veining. The bunching was a little loose and there were some soft spots to it. The cap was applied adequately. Overall construction was acceptable, but compared to the excellent construction of the HSB this was a definite step down, a baby step but definitely a step. The draw and smoke volume were very good and the cigar burned well producing a solid white ash.

The initial flavors are earthy with a fair amount of underlying spice. As the smoke progressed the spice died down and some black coffee flavors emerged. At the midway point this smoke became almost Padron like. The only thing missing was that molasses flavor I find in Padrons. From the midpoint till the end the cigar had a very nice, but short clean finish with a nutty like flavor.

Overall burn was very good and the cigar showed a little complexity as it went. I found the second half very enjoyable with the first half reminding me of many JR cigars. I also felt that the first half was a touch harsh then the second half, which seemed smoother to the palette.

Overall this was an enjoyable smoke that would appeal to JR fans and I think Padron lovers. Other than the bunching being a bit loose there really wasn't anything to complain about. I would definitely smoke this cigar again. A good honest smoke with a touch of Nicaraguan kick. Med bodied and light med strength.