Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
SMOKEMIFYOUGOTM
Starting Member

Xikar products are junk!

I know that is a strong statement to make but I will back it up in this post. Here is my Xikar story. "The short version" I bought an Xikar 007 Punch and a Titanium xi cutter about 4 weeks ago. After one use, the punch would not retract or twist back into the shell. I assumed this was a simple defect and returned it to the retailer for an exchange. But the second one I got had the same problem. So I called Xikar and was advised that this is a defect with the product and they will be discontinuing them in the near future. But of course no retailer has been told this! so if you got one, all I can say is sorry... Anyway, upon returning it to them for an exchange, I was advised that it would only be abou ta week or so until I got the new one. Well, it has been almost 4 weeks now and numerous calls to the CS rep. With the promise that they will be in this week...
Now as I said, I also bought a xi cutter. And of course, it broke to... I swear. This is a true story! so once again, I bagged up another Xikar product and returned it to them. 2 weeks later, I call and check the status. And you guessed it, they are out of stock but expect them in this week... So finally I just told them to forget it and return to me the broken items and I will mark my losses up to experience. Believe it or not, they said ok!
So overall experience with this product and company. BAD!!! If you want a good cutter go with Davidoff! and if you want a solid punch, go with an AVO or Atoll! but stay away from Xikar! their product look good but are just junk...