Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2003, 07:19 AM   #1
Smoker06
Herf God

Cigar Factory of New Orleans

I was given a Cigar Factory of New Orleans, Vieux Carre Double Corona by a co-worker. Having never heard of it, I didn't expect much. I stuck it in my office humidor and figured I might smoke it some day. Well yesterday was that day.

Appearence - beautiful medium brown, oily Cameroon wrapper. Surprisingly not very toothy. I had to look it up to make sure it was cameroon.

Construction - near perfect. Clipped very clean with a SAK. Pre and post light draws confirmed the superb construction. The burn was straight across for the entire cigar. American workmanship at it's finest.

Taste - initially, like many larger cigars, the taste was a little too mild for my liking. No bitterness or grassiness whatsoever. As I continued to smoke, the strength increased to a medium to full bodiedness about the halfway point. This cigar was very good at that point, no harshness and the finish lingered just long enough to make this very enjoyable. With about one and half inches to go, the cigar just got too strong for my enjoyment. So rather than ruin the experience, I just laid it to rest.

All in all, a truly surprising find. I don't know how many more I'll be smoking of these as I looked up their price on the internet and they are very "proud" cigars.