Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
bsslack
Herf Meister

NAME Your SHAME!!!!!!!!!!

Now for this, How Honest are You with strangers?

NAME THE BAND OR RECORD YOU LOVE, BUT ARE AFRAID TO ADMIT IT!!!

OK I'll start this off. I'm not big on Pop bands and Certainly not formula bands.

But when I lived in Portland there was a decent local band Called "Sea Food Mama" They had a Quirky Horn (Rythyme section)and a decent local following. They signed on with the then Brand new Geffen Records. Geffen Fired everyone but the Guitarist and the leadsinger/saxplayer(a married couple) and combined them with part of a California band and Put each's Bands strong songs together on the LP and

They Were Called........QUARTERFLASH

There I admitted it ..............."Harden My Heart"............"Find Another Fool"........."William's Avenue"............I love 'em.

I've bought that LP twice and the CD once(so far) I can't help it, it get's to me.

There, My Shallow Admission to POP.

Sorry, No Secret Showtunes or Rocky :X Horror Confessions Here!

Just POP Shame! I tried to be strong really I did!

How About You?

Slack

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote