Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

View Poll Results: Which Cigar shows do you enjoy? May vote more than once.
Smoke This! 2 25.00%
Cigar Advisor (Famous Smoke Shop) 2 25.00%
The Cigar Authority (Two Guys Smoke Shop) 3 37.50%
Kap Kaplowitz (who posts in the Cigar Weekly FB group) 3 37.50%
The Bakersfield Gentlemen 0 0%
Tommy Zman 1 12.50%
Smooth Draws (out of Atlanta, now ended) 1 12.50%
Kiss my Ash (Abe of Smoke Inn) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Cigar Media and entertainment

We have discussed things like this before, and as usual, with a healthy variance of opinions. Normally there is the curmedgeonly view that "I like what I like, and this guy/these guys are full-of-crap or wannabes....I don't need someone else to tell me."

Then there are guys like me who simply value the information, the personalities, the discussion of something I enjoy greatly. Kind of like the place sports radio and ESPN USED to fill in my life.

I remember it starting with "The General, Cigar Dave" and his Smoke This radio show on terrestrial radio during the late 1990s/early 2000s during the boom and the bounce back from the boom. I listened faithfully every Saturday morning on local "business radio" until they dropped it as not being within the mission of the station. Then on the web, early on, my house got very clean as I would dust or whatever to be close to the computer to hear the show.

Now, it's the Cigar Authority on Saturday mornings, the same time as Smoke This.
Here is their latest "after show"
Given my life circumstances right now, this is a welcome distraction from 11:00 a.m. CDT -1:00 p.m. CDT on Saturdays. One need not agree with the commentators taste in cigars to enjoy the show. That is often a problem in threads like this. But it need not be if we are entertained and looking for any extra enjoyment of "things cigars."

Do YOU watch or listen to "cigar radio" or podcasts, or video shows?

The Cigar Authority is the media wing of Two Guys Smoke Shop in New England, and so they have a lot of cache in the business given their sales numbers. Plus they are rather funny.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote