Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

My Cuban Wheel

Saturday on a very long walk I tried the Liga II in the toro and churchill sized cigars. Construction is good, flavors are very good. I would describe them as deep, rich, almost leathery at times. Some spice. Medium body. Extremely easy draw. Cigar softens some at end. These deliver good value indeed. I thought the blend worked best in the churchill, which was over an hour to smoke, and was a moustache burner. Worthy of a trial if you get the chance.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
KatDad
Herf God

Just what I needed, another entry on the want to try list.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I had the Number II, tonight.
I just finished it, sitting out in my newly air-conditioned (don't read too much into that....it's an old window unit) garage.

I find these to present a bit of cedar and pepper at the outset, then it settles down, a little, and gets to be more complex. I also get some of the leather character that Jeff indicates, too. The finish is definitely nice, and not very heavy or overpowering, which I very much like. As much as I love my cigars, I don't like tasting the stale tobacco for hours on end.

This is my second cigar from a sampler I got a few months ago, and both were damn near perfectly constructed. The burn is quite straight with a razor edge and strong ash. I am really liking these, a LOT.

Here is their website.
My Cuban Wheel

According to their Facebook
I mentioned the initial sizes already but let me list them again,

Robusto >> Ring gauge 50 x 4.8 inch long

Sublime No. 52 >> Ring gauge 52 x 4.6 inch long

Sublime No. 54 >> Ring gauge 54 x 5.6 inch long

Sublime No. 56 >> Ring gauge 56 x 6.5 inch long

Belicoso >> Ring gauge 52 x 6.15 inch long

They've added sizes, but I can NOT find a blend.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 01-20-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Add information.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
mike s
Contributing Editor
Club Member

I saw Tommys post on FB and also smoked the robusto MCW but mine was the #1 wrapper/blend. I piced up a wheel when they were like 40 some % off awhile back. The are a good cigar for the $. Easy draw but most I have smoked have burned a bit off center...no bigge as you can correct that with a lighter. I got a little less of the pepper then the other two guys but guess that is spot on as the #1 blend is lighter. Wish there was more cedar flavor but thats because I am a cedar freak lol.

Worth a try imo...look out for deals to pop up

PS anyone ever find out where these are made/ what the binder filler wrappers are?
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
macsauce13
Club Member

I'm really loving these cigars. I've shared them with a couple buddies who have in turned stocked up during his sales. Really, really good cigars, and it is a TRUE boutique cigar.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
Guv
Internationally Soccer Challenged
Herf God

I will definitely have to give these a try...thanks guys.

OK, Is their website the only place to purchase these cigars?
I did a quick search at Smoke Inn and Holts and saw nothing and also saw nothing on a google search...some guidance please?

Last edited by Guv; 01-21-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Guv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
ronin
The Duke
Herf God

website only-theirs
Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

How about this, they answered about the blends.
I like this, way more forthright than any other tabacalera in a public forum, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cuban Wheel
Here an idea of the two MCW Liga´s / Blends Liga I has a 4 & 5 priming Hybrid seed (3 different cuban seeds) wrapper grown in Ecuador (2009 crop)
The Binder is a Cuban Seed (Criollo 98) grown in La Canela - DR (crop 2008/2009)
and the filler is a blend of both Dominican & Nicaraguan Grown cuban seed tobacco
variaties: Corojo / Criollo 98 / Piloto Cubano
Crop 2008/2009/2010

//////////////////////////

Liga II has a 6 & 7 priming Habana 2000 wrapper (also cuban seed) grown in Ecuador (2010 crop)
The Binder is an Olor Dominicano, grown in Jacagua - DR (crop 2009/2010)
and again the filler is a blend of both Dominican & Nicaraguan Grown cuban seed tobacco
variaties: Corojo / Criollo 98 / Piloto Cubano
Crop 2008/2009/2010

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #9
jmckeown88

FYI - he recently posted on Facebook that he wanted people to get a deal on the cigars that they wanted to try, rather than waiting for a special on the cigars they were wanting - so he said to message him for a deal!
jmckeown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #10
jmckeown88

He posted this today on facebook:

"For the people who didn't try my cigars, As an introduction i am always happy to encourage new smokers with a special discount deal on the 10 count sampler box, so if you never tried my cigars feel free to send me an e mail (promotion@mycubanwheel.com) and i am more than happy to give you an introduction discount coupon code.

Cheers,

Moreno"
jmckeown88 is offline   Reply With Quote