Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
OFT

Robaina Farm Corona Gorda

I was fortunate enough to be the successful bidder for the Combo 6-pack - 4 Robainas farm corona gorda + 2 Cohiba Coronas Especiale 1998 at the Serious Herf to benefit Scarecrow/Barry last Saturday. (Thanks to the generous SABOTL donator).

I was forced to sample one of the Robainas Farm Corona Gorda the following Sunday, accompanied by a 15 yo Aberour Single Malt.

The cigar had a dark, oily, almost glossy wrapper with a shaggy foot. The pre-light draw was good. This appeared to be a well-constructed cigar.

The shaggy foot lit easily and delivered a very good volume of smoke. The smoke coming from the foot was noticeably blue. (Was I flashing back to my college days?) The cigar burned evenly with no need for corrections throughout. Nice gray, layered ash that never fell in my lap.

The full-bodied flavor was very good. I am not good a discerning and describing various flavors, but I do know what I like…..and I liked this very much. The aftertaste was extremely pleasing.

This corona gorda finished very well and never gave indications of overheating.

Two of these Robainas farmies remain in my collection. I will need a very special moment before I take a match to one of these jewels to celebrate.
OFT is offline   Reply With Quote