Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2002, 03:08 PM   #1
avid toker
Club Member

Just finished a mid-afternoon smoke and had the pleasure of trying out the Mayorga robusto that had been sitting around in my box for about 3 months.

The robusto natural is a light brown cigar with obvious veins but smooth and attractive nonetheless. It had a few soft spots and the cap was of poor construction.

Upon lighting the cigar, the draw semed a bit tight for my taste but loosened up very nicely midway in the cigar and produced a good amount of smoke repectively. The ash was a dark grey in color and held on for about an inch and a half before falling off.

The most surprising aspect of this cigar is the flavor. In the first half of the cigar, it smacked of earth and leather. Midway, it turned to a more nutty flavor and then towards the end there were distinct roasted coffee flavors with a bit of sweetness. Subtle caramel overtones were present throughout the smoke.

Overall: A very enjoyable and pleasant medium bodied smoke which would mate perfectly with a cup of coffee in my opinion. This Nicaraguan tobacco in this puppy is loaded with nicotine so smoker beware. It's not enough to knock you out but you'll definitely notice it on an empty stomach. Best part about it......it's a value smoke at $3-$4. A definite must try!

I've got a maduro torpedo sitting in my box.....can't wait to try that one next.

Cheers!