Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 10-27-2003, 08:18 PM   #1
tefus
Starting Member

Oliva Master Blends

I wish I had a review of this cigar. But I havn't recieved my box yet! Has anyone tried one yet? I searched through the board and couldn't find a review anywhere.
tefus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 02:27 PM   #2
CIgar Lover

I have smoked all three of them and found the Torpedo to be the better of the three (other being Robusto and Churchill). A well priced cigar, under $7, and very well constructed for the price. This cigar definitely is not lacking in flavor, but the only problem being is that the flavor is one dimensional. IF you like the flavor than you are going to love this cigar. It honestly reminded me of some of the high-end Padron 1964 and 1926, except my wallet felt better after the purchase. All Nicaraguan, even though they didn't release that info (which is why some of the Condega and Esteli tobacco might remind you of the Padron).

All in all this is a great cigar that might be hard to come by pretty soon. They only produced 375,000 cigars and the distribution is already weak on these guys.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:11 PM   #3
tefus
Starting Member

Thanks for the review. I recieved my box of Torpedos and am going to try one of these tonight! I wonder if with a little age these will produce some of the great flavors I have come to expect from Nicaraguan tobacco.
tefus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:41 PM   #4
darkstar
Club Member

I have not smoked any but a buddy of mine did and said it was FULL BODIED with a lot of kick.....

For those who like'm strong