Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

Re-discovered an old friend

Listening to music on my stereo (yes I am old school), a certain pleasure rarely experienced since my sons were born. Needing to fill the void left by the constant onslaught of such gems as Spongebob Squarepants, Power Rangers, Blue's Clues, Rugrats, etc., and any other kid's oriented video material constantly played in the family room, I decided to do something about it.

I decided to buy myself a set of headphones for Hanukah in order to fill the void. After much research on headphones (all of about 15 minutes), I decided on the Sennheiser HD595 set, mainly because of the raves on the HD580s and HD590s (discontinued) and the only high end set being available at Best Buy.

Finally got them and opened up last night. A very nicely made and very comfortable set. Started out my listening session last night with:
King Crimson THRAK
The Police Synchronicity
Genesis Duke
Al DiMeola Kiss My Axe

Very impressed, though obviously need some break-in time to smooth out the sound and increase the detail (most say around 100-150 hours of use), but they did sound better with each CD. Probably going to get a headphone amplifier so I can connect directly to my preamp (Museatex Melior ACC) instead of the jack on the CD player (A/D/S CD4).

The best part of all this was the ability to enjoy music (after the kids went to bed of course) the way I used to, plus the added bonus of a tumbler of HC7 and a Davidoff Millenium Pyramide (perfect pairing BTW). Just wonderful
JLOH #19
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote