Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
FredJ_VI
Club Member

Chateau Real - Touchdown !

I was finally able to try the new Chateau Real at a local B&M early this morning. Not exactly sure which one it was but it was about 5.5 x 46 (slightly longer than the one in a glasstube) and came in cello - have recently come to find out it was a Magnum 46. At first, I real didn't expect much from this cigar because I'm not a lover of most of the cigars that Drew Estates make. The Acids and all that fancy aroma, etc. are not for me. Someone told me this was a different cigar from the rest that they make, so I was eager to try one. Anyhow, I grabbed one out of the display case, naturally I paid for it, took my jacket off and sat down with a few guys that I had never met before. After removing the cello and snipping the end off, I torched it up and started to smoke it. The construction was quite impressive and the burn was great. After a few minutes it had developed a nice firm medium to light gray ash. It was the kind of ash you would expect from a higher end cigar where you can notice a slight indentation in the ash about every sixty forth of an inch or so. The strength was mild, maybe mild to medium and it had .. a great smooth and sort of creamy mello taste. Every few minutes I starred at the cigar and said to myself "this thing isn't bad at all". We were just sitting there talking getting to know each other, discussing various cigars we liked and didn't like, solving the problems of the world, etc. and before you knew it about an hour had past. One of the guys said to me you must really like that cigar (I guess he evidenced that I was down to a knub about 3/4 of an inch long). I said yeah .. "I think these things are great for a morning smoke". Some of my all time favorite morning smokes are the Flor de Oliva Grand Cameroon and the Macanudo .. but the Chateau Real has taken a place right next to them or maybe even above. In my book - Drew Estates has scored a touchdown with this one.
FredJ_VI is offline   Reply With Quote