Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
stonewallcadet
Club Member

Support for Some deployed troops

I recently just returned to my summer home in Lovely Afghanistan. Knowing my team was slated to work out of a larger base I tried to be positive and figured at least I would have plenty of cigar smokers to hang with at night. Upon arrival I was horrified to learn that the smokers has been relegated to a single bench next to a row of porta-potties in the compound. I addressed the issue of the dismal smoking pit to the XO (who is my commander from home station) and he agreed we needed a new smoke pit and that we could use another patio for cigar smoking until a better smoke pit could be established. There is still a surprising low number of regular cigar smokers I have gifted out most of my travel supply to try and convert some occasional smokers with little success. I am currently relegated to my pipe with only some select sticks in reserve until my resupply arrives. I would like to start a cigar night to draw more cigar smokers out of the woodwork which will help in the creation of a new smoke pit. The problem is I will not be able to supply smokes for this activity on any kind of regular basis due to the possible number of cigar smokers. I was hoping some BOL could help me out and provide some sticks for this activity. I am not looking for anything special most guys will be satisfied with any old dog rocket would just like to be bale to give a stick to any one interested in participating.

The compound is a joint service EOD compound with representation from all Four Services. I do not like posting my deployed address on a public forum so if anybody is interested in helping please PM me for it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks