Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
qajariaq
Contributing Editor
Club Member

La Gloria Cubana 'Tale of Two Cities' (JR Library Edition)

Picked up a 5-pack of these today at JRs, and I'm smoking one right now. Nicely constructed cigar, a few prominent veins on the golden-brown wrapper, but otherwise flawless (and a 'triple cap' to boot!). Paired initially with a Sierra Nevada Wheat, now I'm on to a Sam Adams Boston Ale.

I'm about half way through, and its quite a tasty smoke. Mostly a semi-sweet, earthy/woodsy taste, a bit of spice and cocoa picking up now. I can't quite get a handle on the aroma, since there's a bit of a breeze blowing. The Boston Ale complements it much better than the SN Wheat...

Seems a little wet (typical for right off the shelf) and the burn is somewhat erratic (likely due to being a bit over-humidified).

I had intended to pick up a couple 5-packs of some mild to medium sticks in lonsdale or similar sizes. Got the lonsdale size covered, but I seem to have missed the mark with these in terms of strength. Its definitely medium-to-full (i.e. solid medium to most people ). Should have stuck to my guns and went for the AVO's I had my eye on........

I'll probably stick these in the back of the humidor for a while and let the RH come down a bit before revisiting. That worked wonders with the Wavells I picked up last year. I'll do the same with the Ult No. 5's I picked up today as well.

Overall - not bad, but now I'm feeling a bit of buyers remorse.....
qajariaq is offline   Reply With Quote