Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2002, 10:57 AM   #1
doohnibor
Club Member

Well---I had a chance to smoke my first Bucanero last night. The Full Sail.

The appearance of the cigar is very appealing. Perfect construction, great shape. Very firm. Top quality construction. If you didn't know better, you'd think you were looking at a PAM Exclusivo.

The light and draw were both easy. The burn was even from start to finish and the ash "clung on for dear life" for at least the first two inches before dropping.

For it being a full-bodied cigar, the flavor was pretty mellow to me for the first two thirds of the cigar. Hints of nuts, a little spice with an earthiness that made for a very relaxing pace. Then the last one-third the flavor profile ramped up with more a spicy flavor bursting through. The cigar never got hot, even near the end.

The entire experience (from flame to nub) lasted about an hour and ten minutes.

Overall, I really enjoyed this cigar. They've got a hit on their hands. If you haven't tried the brand, I'd highly recommend you find one and give it a try.

Now I've got to get some more.

Thanks again Robert and Coach for the opportunity and experience.