Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #11
Reebosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebosan
I purchased a Tower from Tampa Humidors it seems to be doing well. I've only had it for about 2-3 months. Also another buddy of mine purchased one as well and he has had no complaints.
Reebosan, I have a tower and really like it but HAVE had a hell of a time balancing the RH top to bottom. I have a Moist-n-Aire humidifier and put it in the top section. I just experimented with a battery operated fan to further circulate the air... this worked very well. Am considering a permanent solution.

If you don't mind....
What type of humidifier do you use, where did you put it and do you have aux fans?

Thanks!
I really haven't done anything too special. I have a CO XL+ that I have placed in the bottom of my humidor with the vent facing the door so the airflow can travel upwards and no aux fans. To supplement any dry areas I added some gel to that shelf that needed it. I keep the humidor at 67% and I have to refill the oasis about every other month along with adding some distilled water to the gel. I have a hydrometer on every shelf (extras from now empty cooladors) and the humidity differs about 1%. Hope that helps
Reebosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #12
BigAsh

It does help... THANKS!! I started out with an Oasis myself. It died after a year or so. I've been putting my humidifiers in the top... thinking that the moist air would be heavier and, as a result, sink. Maybe not!!

I think I'll try moving it to the bottom and see what happens.

Thanks again!