Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2003, 02:32 PM   #1
avid toker
Club Member

La Luna African Fuerte

I've been reading all sorts of good stuff about the La Luna Brand so I decided to give it a try. The problem (I thought) was that I could only get my hands on the AFP#5's. So I bought five and off I went. I really wanted to try the Natural Fuertes instead.
Anyhow, I let the AFP#5's rest for about 4 months and decided to aprk one up today. The Cameroon wrapper was very brittle. I had to handle it with extreme care. It cut fine and then I decided to light it. Boy was I glad I did! Draw was a bit too tight for my liking and the burn was slightly uneven. But that didn't detract me from the taste I was about to experience. The initial 1/3rd started off sweet, then turned to a more full bodied taste with a earthy core. The last third settled down and turned into a smoother smoke. All I could think as I was burning my fingers on the nub was WOW! An absolute, down right pleasure to smoke. Thank the lord I have 4 more in the humidor. I wonder if these will get better with age?
Gael has a winner here..........now I am dying to try some of his LLNF's!
avid toker is offline   Reply With Quote