Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #9
CSMAnderson
Herf God

When I received by Devils Weed Cigars they were very dry and hard. I have let them sit in my humidor for a few months and now it's feels right so I lit it up last night.

Prelight - The prelight draw was easy and gave a nice light flavor which made me look forward to smoking this cigar. The wrapper was a nice medium color for a Conn. Felt firm and cut easily with no problems.

Ash/Burn - The ash was nice and firm, stayed on for an inch before I tapped it off. The burn wasn't razor sharp but I never had to touch up or worry about how the cigar burned.

Taste - Now this is where this cigar really caught my attention. It's flavor profile was really different from cigars I am use to smoking. It was a little sweet with a hint of nuts, this was a very enjoyable combination. The flavor profile and strength are both just shy of medium. It was never harsh, but smooth and relaxed.

Conclusion - I have started to drift away from milder cigars, but this one has caught my attention. I would recommend tis for the beginning smoker or a seasoned cigar smoker who is looking for a smooth, nicely flavored cigar. It's smooth and enjoyable to smoke. I would definately keep some of these in my Humidor for when I'm looking for a smooth, mild to medium flavorful cigar. If you are looking for this type of cigar you can't go wrong with the Devil Weed!
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote