Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

Berger & Argenti Entubar

First off let me say that I have been a fan of the Berger & Argenti line since it's inception. I recently had the opportunity to purchase a box of the Entubar Double Coronas for a GOOD price so I jumped on it.
I lit the first one out of the box this morning. At first I was a little disappointed as it just didn't seem to have the spice and ligero kick that I remembered. It wasn't bad, just wasn't much there. Things pretty much stayed this way thru the first third of the cigar, then all of a sudden the flavor and strength came into play.....unfortunately about that same time, the wrapper more or less exploded on me! It split all the way down the remaining length of the cigar. I hung with it in spite of things getting rather "ugly". What had started as a REALLY good looking gem of a cigar had become a Monster!
I don't know whether it was a storage factor or perhaps I was drawing on it too fast??? Whatever the reason, I couldn't help but think back to the Seinfeld episode where the "Dominican" cigar rollers rolled the breakfast crepes too tight and they exploded!
The funny thing is, the worse the wrapper came apart, the better the cigar tasted....more flavor, more smoke, more body. Go Figure!?!?
Hopefully the rest of the box doesn't share this issue.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Well that's....different! Interesting review, horrifying picture. Thanks!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
spiridon
Herf God

Just so no one thinks this is the fault of the cigar roller, etc.......I found the cooler I was keeping these in with some others was holding a high humidity for some reason. In the process of correcting that, but feel sure that was the reason for the mishap.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Coach
Herf Meister

I got a hold of Al Argenti and he said he will rsvp to this.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
spiridon
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I got a hold of Al Argenti and he said he will rsvp to this.
Thanks Coach, but I seriously believe this was an anomaly. I know from past experience that Al only puts out a quality product. I think this was a result of shipping, then not allowing them to stabilize, then lighting it up under WARM conditions. I have put the box away for a short nap to help them "normalize" in a steady environment. While it was frustrating, 'cuz I was looking forward to the usual B&E great smoke......I sort of had to laugh as it progressed, as I had never had this happen to the extent that it did. I feel sure the rest of the box will live up to expectations!

As the saying goes....Sh*t happens! ......(especially when proper care is not taken by the "end user")

BTW, I still highly recommend these cigars!

Last edited by spiridon; 03-26-2014 at 02:57 PM.
spiridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #6
aja
Tabaquero
Club Member

Jon, wow! I'm sorry that the cigar went all Hiroshima on yo' ass! But seriously, I'll make sure my brother Michael gets to see this (I'm on hiatus at the moment). Your friend, Al