Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
gamelover2004
Banned

"Perdomo Estate Seleccion Aristocrata" Maduro

My review of the "Perdomo Estate Seleccion Aristocrata" Maduro.
I was told by Nick Perdomo when this box of cigars arrived to me and I called him about them that they were rolled in January 2002 and the tobacco to make it was from 1995 and 1996. Another thing Nick informed me while we were talking was that Perdomo Cigars should be stored at no higher than 65% humidity to prevent draw and burn problems. Now on with my first cigar review.

"Perdomo Estate Seleccion Aristocrata" Maduro
First look it has a nice dark rich smooth Maduro wrapper. The feel is very firm and even on this a very delicious looking box pressed cigar. The smell before I lit it was very similar as other Perdomo Cigars and smelled delicious. It lit easily and burned evenly from beginning to when I nubbed it. The first draw was rather strong and definitely reminisance of most full flavor cigars I have smoked. The flavor was complex with subtle notes of coffee, leather, cocoa, pepper, spice, and a slight nutty flavor. The flavor is very similar to a Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro but stronger. It definitely has a lot of nicotine and becomes very heady about a third to halfway through. The aroma while smoking was very pleasant. This cigar in my own opinion is better than any other top shelf cigars I have smoked and even better than most ISOMs I have smoked.
The "Perdomo Estate Seleccion Aristocrata" Maduro is definitely a winner in my book and all I can say is if you like Perdomo, PAM, CAO, or a good Full strength cigars than give a Perdomo Estate Selelccion Maduro a try, I don’t think you will be disappointed by this cigar.
Thank You Nick for this box of Fine Cigars and for all the fine cigars your company makes.
gamelover2004 is offline   Reply With Quote