Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2014, 04:54 AM   #32
AKDiscer

I know, I know, this is an old thread.

I just found it after doing research from the thread I posted a few days ago. Also, I was tagged on twitter about my post, so I felt that if we were going to discuss more or get retailers/manufactures involved, we could bring some of the science back to light.

Was the conflicting info that Krakatoa provided ever vetted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorlacorona View Post
Simply providing the name of another individual who supposedly has information about the activities of a separate third party is not the most reliable form of information, nor is it really contributing anything to the discussion. I'd be interested in seeing any published source that verifies Habanos SA is in fact freezing their cigars before export. I do not point this out to be adversarial, I am just as interested in getting accurate information as anyone else. But any new information that is brought to light that is lacking a published source must be regarded as rumor and hearsay. That does not automatically mean such information is incorrect. However, until additional evidence to support it is brought forward it will remain nothing more than speculation.
One other question about what Claudius wrote when asked to provide a source, he gave the name Francisco Vallejo. Not trying to be combative, but does a paper need to be published by a person before it'll be taken as the gospel? It seems to me, if I heard it from the horses mouth, that'd be good enough for me.
AKDiscer is offline   Reply With Quote